10.30.2009

Turning Over a New Leaf

Fall is here. This truly is my favorite season. While the leaves here in Virginia have barely started to turn colors, the crisp breeze and warm sunshine signals fall just as well as any color show. It's been made official in our house with open windows, jackets out of storage, reading the paper on the deck (oh wait, that's Macallan in my chair!), and fires in the firepit at night.
This time of year always makes me pause, reflect, and hone in on what is important to me. Maybe it's the extra blankets thrown on the bed or those cozy evenings snuggled by the fire but I just feel like making my home and my Self a priority in the fall.
I find it fitting, then, that this inagural post consist of a little bit of me. For you.
Things to Do in This Lifetime (in no particular order and certainly not definitive)
  • learn to scuba

  • go to Italy, Greece, and France

  • drive a stickshift car

  • learn to play the guitar

  • attend an ashram for at least a week

  • take a trip with my mom, just the two of us

  • (finally) learn to knit

  • ride a horse in Yellowstone National Park

  • live on a farm

  • do something kind for someone every single day

  • lovelovelovelovelove
Cheers to this glorious fall!




No comments:

Post a Comment