10.30.2009

Tis the Season!

Magazine-bow-finished

[photo: how about orange]

Unlike the masses, I shop all year for the perfect gift for holidays (birthdays, Christmas, because-it's-Thursday) I love to go to my local craft shows and fairs and find the ideal item for my loved ones. That is if I'm not already making it myself, of course. But I do have an under-bed bin full of things I have picked up through the year just in case or just because. (My hubby's gifts are well hidden and not in the bin- so don't even go there, mister!)

Any way you do your gifting, you're going to need to get to wrapping. We wrap gifts in our house with up-cycled newspaper, old posters, maps, whatever is lying around. Do you really need manufactured paper to wrap a gift that is going to get ripped open in two seconds?

Jessica Jones over at How About Orange has a great tutorial on making your own bows from recycled magazine pages.




Chicago-gift-bow

[photo: how about orange]

Her step by step instructions and photos make me want to rip a magazine apart right now and get going. Check out her lovely tutorial and have fun with your gift wrapping this season!

No comments:

Post a Comment