10.30.2009

Fashion Friday

I love a good theme. The give you a purpose, a knowledge of what is to come, a sense of security. I think about that scene in Legally Blond (yes, I've watched it, so what?) where Elle comes to the "costume party" dressed as a Playboy bunny and no one else is dressed up in costume- how mortifying! Well, this theme is much simpler and does not require costumes on your part-- though I really don't know if you are wearing a costume while you read this so who am I to judge? I give to you: Fashion Friday! Every Friday I will shed some light on some of the most fabulous green fashion finds out there, and I will be keeping your wallet-friendly budget in mind while I do it! Hurrah!

So let's start with the basics (and my favorites!) The basic Jeans and T-Shirt.

Levis

AA tee


American Apparel has always provided the best quality at a discount price and their shirts are 100% cotton, 20% of which is organic (score!). They also have plans to increase that organic cotton percentage. They have a fantastic line called American Apparel Sustainable Edition with all the basics for you and your loved ones -- baby included! At $18.00 a pop for a cute, well-fitting, organic, sustainable tee, you just can't beat it!

Nothing goes better with an AA shirt than a good pair of classic Levi's. Levi Strauss has been the leader in eco-friendly jeans- from their organic indigo dye, to using organic cotton, to (my fav) recycled rivets, zippers, and buttons, Levi's rule. Check out the Levi's Eco line online or at your local store.




Do you have a favorite eco-friendly fashion find? Share it with me in the comments or e-mail me and I will include it next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment