10.30.2009

newspaper project

We've been working on a little less REcycling and a little more UPcycling in our house lately. Don't get me wrong, recycling is key and the more of it, the better. I take my recycling to the collection center religiously (oh, how I long for the days of curbside recycling pickup!) but I have been thinking there has got to be a better way to deal with all of this newspaper.

IMG_5171
And then it dawned on me. Take them to your local animal shelter. We have so many to choose from around here ......by work, by home, on the way home from work?..... and they are in desperate need of newspaper on a daily basis. So I gathered up a huge stack today and stopped by the local SPCA. It took an extra 5 minutes out of my life (okay 15 since I have to say hi to all of the four legged friends) and they were more than grateful. Those puppies and kitties can't tell me how glad they are but I know I made a difference, and for that I am grateful to them.

Recycling, upcycing, reusing, and renewing make a difference. You just have to see beyond the front page. What are you going to upcycle today?

No comments:

Post a Comment