10.30.2009

A is for Apple

Apples





My darling friend Cate is so dear to me. She lives her life to the fullest and I admire that tenacity. She and her husband travel the world, are SCUBA certified, and are just generally cool people. I want to be Cate when I grow up. She rocks.

She rocks so much, in fact, that she brought me apples picked from trees in Western Virginia when she was out that way this past weekend. I was home tending to my husband and his ankle sprain and couldn't make the trip and Cate thought of me!

Look at these gorgeous apples!!!

I am sooo lucky. I want to pick bushels full but, for now, this will do. I had one at lunch today. I am having apple cobbler for dinner (yes, just that for dinner- what?)

There is something about a crisp fresh fall apple that just makes me smile. Maybe it's meeting the people who grow them, who tend to their trees and welcome us to their little part of the world every year. Maybe it's the brisk autumn air in my lungs and on my breath. It could even be the hayrides and leaves falling. Whatever it is, fall is the best season for warm snuggles, a cup of tea, and a crisp apple by the fire in the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment