2.02.2010

Snowy Weekend Project

It snowed here in Southeastern Virginia!  I know that seems like no big deal to those of you who have had snow for several months now but let me tell you, this snow is a big deal!  Look at how much accumulation we got:


That is a major amount of snow that came overnight (the first 3-4 inches) and through the next day (the rest of the probably 8 inches in total!)  So, needless to say, in a city that doesn't do snow, we were shut it.  And, maybe just to ruin all of my fun, I had a sinus infection all weekend.  Ugh!  So, inside, low engery level activities were needed after the first three hours of staring at each other.  I took half a day doing some light house-cleaning (to which my darling husband said "You don't have to do that if you are sick." Um, the house isn't going to clean itself, dear) and then layed around watching movies for the rest of Saturday.  Sunday started with the man of the house clearing off my car and the walk in the front and a path in the back for the puppies (how cold their feet were!)



After some warm oatmeal and hot tea, I needed some me time and my sewing machine was calling.  I have been pondering the idea of quilting and wondering what my first project would be.  And so I found myself digging through my starred items on Google Reader and was inspired by a post from Coyote Craft for tiny little pieced and quilted coasters.  With the right amount of inspiration, quiet alone time, and scraps in my bin, I set off to make some coasters all my own!



What do you think?  Pretty cute if you ask me.  And soooo functional!  I always struggle with the wooden coasters we have at home- the drinks slip around and one little spill makes it all the more slippery.  These coasters soak up any spills, provide a little cushioning for the mug or cup, and are washable- how great!  I was pretty pleased with myself and went on the spend the rest of the day kicking butt in Wii Resort Disc Golf.  Disc Golf with 8 inches of snow on the ground?  Alright day, if I say so myself!

3 comments:

  1. Your coasters look great, I can't think of a better thing to do while snowed in! I hope you're feeling better today, too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute Coasters! I am working on another Coyote Craft project myself actually! :) Love that site. Hope you are enjoying crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, gals! The coasters have inspired me to *perhaps* think about quilting.... more to come!

    ReplyDelete