2.26.2010

Quilting

Recently, I decided to take the next step in my sewing life and try out quilting.  If you know me well, you know that when I decide to do something like this, I kinda go whole hog and do tons of research and read lots of books and scour the internet for ideas and patterns.  Oh, and I think I can handle big time projects that require years of practice and experience in order to attempt.  Let's just say I get excited.  So I did some dreaming....

Check out this Circle Quilt by Bijou Lovely


This incredible Zig Zag Quilt by Kristin La Flamme




And then some sound advice that speaks to my green tendancies - quilting with thrifted pillow cases and sheets!

So, my first attempt will be a baby quilt.  It's for a friend, it's small, and if I screw up the baby won't notice or probably even care.  And now to find the perfect fabrics.... this could take a while!  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment